[Setup] Plone Migration from 2.1.4 to 2.5.3 breaks news items

Daniel Melnechuk isis at isisdesign.com
Sun Sep 23 15:07:47 UTC 2007

On Sep 22, 2007, at 6:48 PM, Daniel Melnechuk wrote:

> I migrated from 2.0.x to 2.1.4 and all went well, in particular
> news items were there and showed up as news items in the news
> portlet. Migrated then to 2.5.3 and things seemed to go well but
> now all news items are broken. In particular:
>
> 1. they don't show up in News portlet
> 2. when i go and click on one in the folder they live in i get:
> ------------
> Site error
>
> This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The
> errors were:
>
> Error Type
>     AttributeError
> Error Value
>     text
> ------------
>

> Any thoughts about this?
>
> I have tried so far:
>
> 1. Clear and rebuild catalog -- no luck
> 2. searching for clues on plone.org and in google -- no luck
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Peace,
> Dan

Just found out that news items went south in the migration from 2.0.x
to 2.1.4. The news portlet would show them BUT when you click on them
i get the same error as above. So my troubles actually started in the
migration to 2.1 from 2.0. Maybe i should try a migration from 2.0 to
2.5? There was something about moving events and news folders from
root when going from 2.0 to 2.1. Maybe that is it?

Any thoughts? Anyone else ever have news objects go bad on a migration?

Peace,
Dan