[Setup] Re: Plone via Apache 2 not working

Daniel Melnechuk isis at isisdesign.com
Fri Sep 21 20:45:54 UTC 2007

On Sep 17, 2007, at 7:34 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:

> I can't answer your Apache questions, but I'll take a stab at the
> others. :)
>
> On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:13:39 -0700, Daniel Melnechuk
> <isis at isisdesign.com> wrote:
>
>> 2. My goal is to migrate to plone 2.5 eventually after i get
>> apache to rewrite to a zope/plone instance on the new server. All
>> reading seems to indicate that i need to migrate from 2.0 to 2.1
>> and then to 2.5. Is this true?
>
> You don't *have* to, but it's a good way to approach since you
> already successfully migrated to 2.1. It's possible to do 2.0 to
> 2.5 directly.

Well i have apache tamed now... default install didn't have proxy
module installed! So my migrated plone on plone version 2.1.4 is
coming up without a skin.

> You're probably aware of this, but: Plone 2.1 is an unsupported
> release, and you're likely to easily be able to migrate a 2.1.x
> site to a 2.5.x one — the 2.1->2.5 jump was the difficult one.

Thanks for the heads up.

>> 3. When i bring up the migrated plone 2.1, the skin seems broken
>> in that the css seems not to work. Is there something that you
>> have to do after a migrate to 2.1 (from 2.0.1) to get the skin to
>> work if you have some items in the "custom" folder?
>
> Try calling the CSS files directly, and see if they return any errors.

Thanks. I have been looking for how to call a skin by attaching it to
a URL but i can't seem to remember how. I have searched hi and low on
plone.org and google... something like?:

	http://site.com/?view=skinname

Peace,
Dan