[Setup] Plone via Apache 2 not working

j.raggam at skillz.biz j.raggam at skillz.biz
Tue Sep 18 10:28:44 UTC 2007

hello dan,

here is my config which works for debian/apache2.2:

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName DOMAINNAME.TLD
   ServerAlias www.DOMAINNAME.TLD
# <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
     RewriteEngine   On
     RewriteRule     ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8380/VirtualHostBase/http/DOMAINNAME.TLD:80/DIRECTORY_WHERE_PLONE_IS_INSTALLED/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
#  </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

it's maybe close to yours.
what is the part "/mydomain.com/VirtualHostRoot/" in your config? is it
the directory where plone is installed?
and notice: i have commented out the module check <IfModule
mod_rewrite.c>. when i first installed apache and everything, the
IfModule statement didn't work. today i tried it again, and it works -
so it seems it was an apache bug.
if you have the IfModule statement included, try to comment it out.
you may also check the apache logs
tail -f /var/log/apache2/....

good luck,hannes