[Setup] Re: Plone3 Google Analytics support: how?

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sat Sep 1 18:45:37 UTC 2007

It was a bug in 3.0, it has been fixed in SVN and will be included in
Plone 3.0.1.

— Alexander

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:38:57 -0700, heiko stoermer
<stoermer at dit.unitn.it> wrote:

> Darci,
>  thanks a lot for the pointer!
>
> Very very weird... undocumented feature in UI, workarounds, etc. Oh well.
> %-|
>
> I will now try the workaround. Thanks again.
>
> Best,
> Heiko
>

> darcihanning wrote:
>>

>> heiko stoermer wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I saw in the control panel of Plone3 (Site Settings) that there is a
>>> field for inserting code to enable Google Analytics et al. The comment
>>> above the field is only marginally helpful:
>>> [...]
>>> Does anybody know what to insert here, or where these "code snippets"
>>> on
>>> plone.org are to be found?
>>>
>>> Utterly grateful,
>>> Heiko
>>>

>> I think the upshot in a longer conversation about this earlier is that
>> this isn't working the way it's meant to. This post
>> http://tinyurl.com/2gpjuz outlines these steps to get it to work:
>>
>> by Kai Harris Aug 25, 2007; 09:12am :
>>

>>> 1. Copied urchin.js from Google into my Custom folder in plone_skins.
>>> 2. Added the tracking code to the webstats box in Site Setup: _uacct =
>>> "UA-XXXXXX-X";urchinTracker();
>>> 3. Registered the new code by clicking 'save' in portal_javascript in
>>> the

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net