[Setup] Installing Products in 3.0.2

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Fri Oct 26 15:20:22 UTC 2007

Many add-on products have been updated to work with Plone 3, and more
are coming every week. You'll want to check the release pages for
individual products to see if they've been tested with Plone 3.

In your case, it's entirely possible that only one of your 10 products
isn't 3.0-compatible, but it may be effectively blocking others. Either
check your event.log and look for the first product load failure, or try
starting Zope in foreground mode (zopectl fg). When started this way,
Zope will stop on product-load errors, greatly aiding diagnostics.

Betelgeise wrote:
> We just did a clean install of Plone 3.0.2 on a Redhat box today.  I've
> copied about 10 different products in the Products directory and restarted
> the service, but none of them shows up.  I'm pretty much at the Neanderthal
> level with this, but do any Products work with 3.0.2 or should we install
> 2.5.3 instead to better utilize the available Products?  Thank You

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC
steve at reidmcmahon.com
steve at dcn.org