[Setup] Re: adding CMFEditions to Plone 2.5.2

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 08:28:53 UTC 2007

Alexander Limi wrote:

>> I have, for all intents and purposes, an empty site.
>>
>> There's maybe 3 folders and 5 files that I created.  I downloaded one
>> skin () but didn't install it, changed a few colours in the default
>> skin, and created a couple test user accounts.  I think that counts
>> as  "empty".
>>
>> So I'd have to agree with you that this may be a repeatable bug in
>> CMFEditions.
>>

> If your site is mostly empty, you should probably spare yourself a lot
> of  work and upgrade to Plone 3.0 instead, which has CMFEditions built
> in. :)

Fil, I say +1 to Limi's advice in your case.

Both Fil and I deserve slapped wrists for not looking at the Issue
Tracker first. ;-) OTOH this info is not exactly easy to find.

The answer is, yes CMFEditions 1.1 and 1.1.2 are broken with Plone
2.5.x, but CMFEditions 1.0.RC1 works OK. I just tested it.

However this still leaves a burning question. For those of us unable to
quickly move to Plone 3 due to legacy stuff, if we use CMFEditions
1.0.RC1 now does that store up any future migration problems when going
to Plone3/CMFEditions1.1.2 ?

Cheers
Nick

--