[Setup] Re: adding CMFEditions to Plone 2.5.2

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 16:31:52 UTC 2007

Filippo A. Salustri wrote:
> More info on this problem.  CMFEditions is *not* being loaded, but I
> don't understand the diagnostics.  What can I do to correct this?
>
> Cheers.
> Fil Salustri
>
> Here are the diagnostics from event.log:
>
>> ------
>> 2007-10-19T10:39:33 ERROR Zope Could not import Products.CMFEditions
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/Applications/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line
>> 708, in i
>
>> "/Applications/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/zope/interface/declarations.py", li
>> ne 1362, in _normalizeargs
>>     for v in sequence:
>> TypeError: Error when calling the metaclass bases
>>     iteration over non-sequence
>> ------
>> 2007-10-19T10:39:35 INFO PlacelessTranslationService Applying patch
>> *** Patching ZPublisher.Publish with the get_request patch! ***
>> ------

Hi Filippo,
   By coincidence I was also trying to install CMFEditions today, and
got the exact same error. This was CMFEditions 1.1.2, (and I tried
earlier 1.1 in case something in 1.1.2 had broken 2.5.x compatibility)
Platform - Plone 2.5.3, Zope 2.9.8, python 2.4.4, Debian Etch.
   I did this on a copy of our live site which has a long history since
2.0.x and a bunch of stuff installed. I had planned to next test this on
a fresh empty Plone site.
   If you're doing this on an empty Plone site, then this sounds like a
repeatable bug in CMFEditions.
   If it works on an empty Plone site, but works for neither of us in
copies of our live sites, then I was wondering about whether the
2.1->2.5.3 migration leaves something in a messed up state that
CMFEditions install can't cope with. In particular GenericSetup, though
I don't know enough about that yet.
Cheers
Nick

--