[Setup] e-mail settings for local use of Plone 3.0.1 on MacOS 10.4.10

gilberto zappatini gilberto.zappatini at zappatini.com
Fri Oct 5 18:24:00 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm absolutely Newbie in Plone. I would like to make the first steps local on my PowerBook. The installation is ok. With the admin I can enter and explore all the features.

But I would like to learn handling the content not as admin but as user with different rights. So I tried to create a new user but I can't finish the sign-on process. I get the error-message:
Failed to create your account: we were unable to send your password to your email address: (61, 'Connection refused'). I'm not familiar with setup mailservers and similar things.

I think my e-mail settings are wrong. I am very happy, if someone can tell me the values I have to set for
- Mail server: SMTP server, SMTP port (ESMTP username and password I think they will remain empty)
- Mail sender : Site 'From' name and Site 'From' addres.

Thanks in advance
Gilberto Zappatini