[Setup] Re: Plone Migration from 2.1.4 to 2.5.3 breaks news items

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Mon Oct 1 09:35:37 UTC 2007

Daniel Melnechuk wrote:

> Just found out that news items went south in the migration from 2.0.x
> to 2.1.4. The news portlet would show them BUT when you click on them  i
> get the same error as above. So my troubles actually started in the
> migration to 2.1 from 2.0. Maybe i should try a migration from 2.0 to
> 2.5? There was something about moving events and news folders from  root
> when going from 2.0 to 2.1. Maybe that is it?
>
> Any thoughts? Anyone else ever have news objects go bad on a migration?

Dan,
   In case you're still struggling 1 week later, have you thoroughly
read this helpful page? :

http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide/version/2.0-2.1

I strongly suggest get the 2.1.4 site thoroughly working before
expecting any joy with the 2.1.4->2.5.3 migration.

Common problems include out of date customisations that need
recustomising, 3rd-party products that don't play well with the next
version of Plone.

Other than that, unfortunately the best thing is to use the debugger to
find out why its throwing that attribute error. Google "debug zope".
Debugging is intimidating at first but a valuable learning experience. :-)

Regards,
Nick

--
Nick Davis