[Setup] buildout install not as a root user on Linux

jcfinet jc.finet at laposte.net
Wed Nov 28 00:15:33 UTC 2007

(I 've started on general question forum  -thanks to Yuri -but it's better
here)

I want to install correctly a Plone site on a Linux Debian and I use
buildout;

at first it didn't work well,the filestorage was empty (no data.fs created)
until I add an effective-user in zope.conf; this user was created, I
suppose, by the person who installed the linux debian.
But even in that case the ZMI is not visible, the ping and telnet command
works well yet !

The other solution would be to make install not as a root but as a "normal
user", and after that, starting  the zope instance as a root;
but why to do that and how to do that if the normal user has not the rights
of a root ? If I add a new user, where have I to create the plone3
buildout...and so on ?
thanks

JC Finet