[Setup] Install and Uninstall RichDocument

Chris Chambers chris at cpcengineeringdesign.com
Tue Nov 27 06:40:23 UTC 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> Chris Chambers wrote:
>>
>> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>>

>>> You may have hit a bug in the Kupu library tool (or Quickinstaller). Go
>>> to the "Visual editor" control panel in Plone's Site Setup, and edit the
>>> lists of Linkable and Media types. Then try to install.
>>>

>> I installed 3.0.3 fresh and then my own Theme then RichDocument
>> SimpleAttachment using portal_quickintsaller. This all went fine but
>> adding
>> a RichDocument then caused an error. SO I then looked at editing the
>> Visual
>> Editor as you explained and found that under mediaobject RichDocument was
>> not selected. I selected it here and Save.
>
> My point was to make sure that it was *not* selected prior to
> installation. :)

When they are not installed they do not appear in the list boxes in Visual
Editor Resources so they are not selected

>> Still an error when trying to add
>> a Rich Document (By the way a search on plone.org for Rich Document does
>> not
>> find any reference to your product it has to be RichDocument). Still the
>> error so back to quickinstaller and Reinstall but this kicks an error and
>> puts you back to a Plone view. Uninstall in quickinstaller and then not
>> an
>> option in Visual Editor (obviously?) so I've run out of options. MOST
>> annoying is that RichDocument and SimpleAttachment will now not install
>> at
>> all. Once I have installed a first time then uninstalled they will not
>> install again! How do I get back to square one without uninstalling Plone
>> and starting from scratch?
>
> In portal_skins, under Properties, find your theme. Paste the list of
> skin layers (just the contents of the text box). It looks to me like the
> SimpleAttachment and/or RichDocument skin layers have not made it into
> that list.

You are right: I have in my theme:
custom
diystyle_styles
diystyle_custom_images
diystyle_custom_templates
LanguageTool
cmfeditions_views
CMFEditions
ChangeSet
kupu_plone
kupu
kupu_tests
archetypes
archetypes_kss
mimetypes_icons
plone_kss
ATContentTypes
ATReferenceBrowserWidget
ResourceRegistries
PasswordReset
gruf
plone_ecmascript
plone_wysiwyg
plone_prefs
plone_portlets
plone_templates
plone_styles
plone_form_scripts
plone_scripts
plone_forms
plone_images
plone_content
plone_login
plone_deprecated
plone_3rdParty
cmf_legacy

In Default Plone there is:
[snip]
cmf_legacy
simpleattachment
attachment_widgets
richdocument

I have tried to add these to my theme but I get an error when editing the
list box and hitting save. I deleted my theme so I could add the Theme again
with Name and Layers > Add but that now kicks an error and don't have my
Theme in portal_skins properties so the site has become unusable! Well
you've got to laugh!

Oh well I'll reinstall Plone again....