[Setup] Plone 3.03 on XP - Initial Login fails

jpg jpglutting at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:26:43 UTC 2007

I am using the Windows installer. For some reason, it didn't create the
account. I ended up using the Plone Manager to create an emergency
administrator account, and then creating the accounts I need. Strange
problem. I have used Zope since it was called Bobo (that was around 1998,
although I have not been using it for a few years recently) and I have had
similar problems before, occasionally. Frankly, I can't remember what the
issue was.

The initlogin file holds the initial username and password (encrypted). You
can see it in the Data directory. Oddly, on the Mac, this file is called
adminPassword.txt, and the password isn't even encrypted. The two
installations are surprisingly different.

Thanks for responding!