[Setup] Plone 3.03 on XP - Initial Login fails

darcihanning darci.hanning at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 20:58:25 UTC 2007

jpg wrote:

> I am trying to set up Plone on Windows XP. I have installed twice now, and
> I am having problems with the initial login (the user and password in the
> "initlogin" file in the Data sub-directory of the Plone installation).
>
> I can get Plone working, but I can't login. It rejects my login every
> time. I have tried two different user names (in case "admin" was being
> used by something else), and very simple passwords, so I know that I
> didn't forget them. Cookies are enabled. Does anyone have an idea of what
> could be wrong?

How are you installing Plone on Windows XP? I've used the Windows installer
for several versions of Plone. It prompts me for the "administrator"
username and password each time during the install and that's what I use for
the initial login to the ZMI. I have never touched nor even heard of the
"initlogin" file...

Cheers,
Darci Hanning