[Setup] Plone 3.03 on XP - Initial Login fails

jpg jpglutting at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 14:37:57 UTC 2007

I am trying to set up Plone on Windows XP. I have installed twice now, and I
am having problems with the initial login (the user and password in the
"initlogin" file in the Data sub-directory of the Plone installation).

I can get Plone working, but I can't login. It rejects my login every time.
I have tried two different user names (in case "admin" was being used by
something else), and very simple passwords, so I know tha tI didn't forget
them. Cookies are enabled. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong?