[Setup] Re: I'm receiving spam mail from this list

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Sat Nov 24 06:47:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 12:45:26 -0800, Ricardo Newbery
<ric at digitalmarbles.com> wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2007, at 5:47 AM, Miguel Sanchez Beato wrote:
>
>> I'm receiving spam mail from this list. Please, fix this problem that I
>> assume is affecting many users.
>
> I'm not getting any spam from this list.  I'm not sure how that's
> possible considering that only subscribers can post to this list.

The spammers had subscribed to the list, and could hence post to it. I'm
surprised it has taken that long before they have started targeting
Mailman, but now it seems they have.

I'm predicting captcha support in Mailman RSN. ;)

I have blacklisted the spammer, but we'll see if the script is smart
enough to get around it.

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net