[Setup] I'm receiving spam mail from this list

Ricardo Newbery ric at digitalmarbles.com
Fri Nov 23 21:49:43 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007, at 12:45 PM, Ricardo Newbery wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2007, at 5:47 AM, Miguel Sanchez Beato wrote:
>
>> I'm receiving spam mail from this list. Please, fix this problem
>> that I assume is affecting many users.
>>
>> Thank you.

> I'm not getting any spam from this list.  I'm not sure how that's
> possible considering that only subscribers can post to this list.
>
> Ric

Hmm... sorry, I take that back.  My spam filters must catching them.
I notice that the Nabble archive appears to filter them also.  But
you can still see them in the pipermail archive.

Looks like a spammer sneaked in by subscribing to the list.  That's a
new tactic.  Anyway, I'm sure the list admin will get around to
ejecting the spammer as soon as possible.  I'm not sure what else can
be done.

Ric