[Setup] ImportError: cannot import name utils

Alexander Vallens AVallens at archenergy.com
Thu Nov 15 16:37:02 UTC 2007

I have attempted an upgrade to Plone 3.0.3, albeit unsuccessfully. The zope
upgrade went well (in fact, in rollback we're running Plone 2.5.2 on zope
2.9.6), but when attempting to run Plone 3.0.3, the ZMI reports that Plone
is broken. A check of the event log reveal many errors, most of which are
based on the following:
ERROR Application Could not import XXX
<snip>
File "/var/opt/zope/default/Products/CMFPlone/browser/ploneview.py", line
12, in ?
   from Products.CMFPlone import utils
ImportError: cannot import name utils

where XXX includes:
Products.ATContentTypes
Products.CMFPlacefulWorkflow
Products.CMFPlone
Products.PloneLanguageTool
Products.PlonePAS

I checked and ~/Products/CMFPlone/utils.py & ~/Products/CMFPlone/utils.pyc
both exist. I'm not sure what the issue may be. Has anyone seen this issue,
or does anyone know what may be the problem? I will be more than happy to
provide more of the stacktrace or other log messages as needed.

Thanks in advance!
Alexander