[Setup] Apache 2.2 rewrite rules

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Nov 7 23:19:45 UTC 2007

On Nov 7, 2007, at 2:33 PM, pacoverde wrote:
> deesto wrote:
>> pacoverde wrote:
>>> Does anyone see anything blatantly wrong with this rewrite rule?
>>>
>>> RewriteEngine On
>>> RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
>>> http://localhost:11080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.example.org:80/
>>> plone_site/site/VirtualHostRoot/$1
>>> [L,P]
>>>
>>> I can access the ZMI directly via the "www.example.org:11080"
>>> URL, but
>>> just get a 403 Forbidden error when accessing anything at
>>> www.example.org
>>> or below. I have tried:
>>>
>>> RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
>>> http://www.example.org:11080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.example.org:
>>> 80/plone_site/site/VirtualHostRoot/$1
>>> [L,P]
>>>
>> Just a guess, but is there a reason for having both "plone_site" and
>> "site" in the VH path?  Have you tried one or the other (is there a
>> difference?)?  Try just the object name of your Plone site?
>
> Well, the Plone site's object name, "site" (really, "elaw"), is in
> a folder
> named "plone_site" (really, "elaw_site".) Trying to access it by
> using just
> "site" (i.e. just "elaw") fails in the same manner.
>
> Any other thoughts?

I had the same problem with the VHM. If you are using apache2 (which
I think you are) try starting from the beginning with my instructions
rather than trying to debug what you have:

    http://jeldi.com/jamess-miscellaneous-how-tos/plone-3-apache-2/
virtual-hosting/

  (this is the alpha version of jamesstroud.com, so don't judge)

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com