[Setup] PlonePAS and LDAP

Gregory Hnatiuk ghnatiuk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:39:19 UTC 2007

Ha.  That looks like it's doing the trick.

Plone 3.0.2 doesn't suffer the same problems with identical setup of
the same LDAP products, and I'm not sure exactly what has changed in
Zope or Plone PAS stuff.  Plone 2.5 does include source_users for
enumeration by default, and I don't think that's the difference
because deactivating it for user enumeration in Plone 3.0.2 doesn't
introduce the problem.

I'm a little wary of the fact that re-creating the admin user in a
Plone PAS User Manager plugin means we're just faking finding the real
zope user via enumeration, but it doesn't seem to be causing any
problems.  I'll certainly report back if I find any.

Thanks for the suggestion!