[Setup] detailed explanation of Mail Settings

browni Glen.J.Browning at erdc.usace.army.mil
Mon Nov 5 14:51:30 UTC 2007

Hello,

There is apparently something in mail settings that I'm just not getting.  I
just completed my first Plone install (3.0.2)  with the unified installer
and I thought that I had set up my mail setting correctly, but I can't seem
to get any mail to go through.

I'm on a linux box, so I've got sendmail running.  Here are the settings
I've used:
    SMTP server: localhost
    SMTP port:    25
    ESMTP username: blank  (not sure what I would use if required)
    ESMTP password: blank (not sure what I would use if required)
    Site 'From' name: Site Administrator
    Site 'From' address: browni at localhost

When I try to use the Contact link, I get a message saying, "Please correct
the indicated errors".  There are no errors indicated, however.

I've searched here and seen that several people have noted similar behavior,
but I can't seem to find where anyone has actually posted the fix.

I would really appreciate any assistance.

browni.