[Setup] ploneLDAP configuration problem

usmank namsu.j at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:22:31 UTC 2007

We are deploying plone at our university and want that users be able to
authenticate with their Active Directory userID/passwords.

I have installed the PloneLDAP 1.0 rc3 on an instance of Plone 2.5.2 with
the automated installer for windows.
The products are installed correctly because I can add the plugins in the
acl_users folder of my plone instance.

However, I when I try to add the ActiveDirectory Multiplugin, I get the
following error.

info': '00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C09018A, comment: The server requires binds
to turn on integrity checking if SSL\\TLS are not already active on the
connection, data 0, vece', 'desc': 'Strong(er) authentication required'

And when I add the Plone Active Directory plugin, it gives the following
error.

Error Type
SERVER_DOWN
Error Value
{'info': 'error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed', 'desc':
"Can't contact LDAP server"}

I am sure this problem is with certificate management. I tried to employ the
hacks that I could find on the internet but none seem to work.
What I want to know is that, if this error is due to certificate not being
verified properly,

a) what type of certificate should I use.
b) where should I put it on my Windows 2000 server.
c) how to configure Ploneldap to use it correctly.

I have looked multiple times thorugh all documentation, and searched the
forums as well. Any help will be appreciated.

Usman