[Setup] Plone 2.5.1 error sending password email from join_form

bmoon bmoon at m1global.com
Thu May 31 19:23:43 UTC 2007

I've found several conflicting/confusing posts about this issue, so any help
would be appreciated.

I'm running Plone 2.5.1 on Linux, and as a member of the site, I can
successfully request a "reset password" email.  The email is sent, so I
assume that I have mail servers set up correctly.

However, when using the join_form, if you click the "Send a mail with the
password" box, you get an error on the email field:

"We were unable to send your password to your email address: Your user
account does not have the required permission. Access to 'requestReset' of
(PasswordResetTool at /starpound/portal_password_reset) denied. Your user
account, Anonymous User, exists at /acl_users. Access requires one of the
following roles: ['Manager', 'Owner']. Your roles in this context are
['Anonymous']."

Is this a bug in 2.5.1, or is it a problem with my configuration?

Thanks,
Bob