[Setup] Re: Plone 2.1.1 to 2.5 migration failed, please help

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at rice.edu
Wed May 30 17:27:31 UTC 2007

Stacy Formby wrote:
> We are attempting to update from 2.1.1 to 2.5. Our IT guy Installed RPMs
> from Mandriva 2007.0 (he did an operating system upgrade that included a
> Plone upgrade.
>
> Then I went to Plone migration tool, which failed. The error is below.
> Any ideas appreciated!!

> *       Error type: Products.PlonePAS.sheet.PropertyValueError
>   *       Error value: Invalid value (<Folder at company>) for property
> 'company' of type string

It seems one of your members somehow has object (a Folder named
'company') as the value of an attribute 'company'. That's not exactly a
legal value for that property, so something must have been poking at it
at a rather low level.

You will have to find that member and fix the property.

             --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com