[Setup] How to exclude a directory from search?

David Kurtz dkurtz at quinn.com
Mon May 21 18:30:04 UTC 2007

I'm building a site for a client who wants a 'files' directory which
is invisible to search, but whose contents are available to everyone,
including anonymous users.

I tried to accomplish this by customizing queryCatalog, since that
seems to be the mechanism search was using, but it also broke folder
views for that files directory.

It seems like this would be a commonplace practice for certain types
of site, but I can't find any documentation, and I'm not sure where
to start probing inside search and portal_catalog.

Thanks for any help.