[Setup] Re: Plone 2.5.3 Installation Failure

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon May 21 10:13:18 UTC 2007

Bet Arki wrote:
> Hi
> I tried to install plone 2.5.3 (inc ZOPE 2.9.7 and Python 2.4.4) on a
> windows XP machine.  The first few time s it extracted all files and the
> fell over whilst trying to build an instance of plone - message......
> pythonw.exe - Unable to locate component.  This application has failed to
> start because python22.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the application may
> fix the problem.
> I tried several times - but always the same.

No windows experience here, but I did notice "python22.dll". Plone 2.5
ought to come with a 2.4 python, not a 2.2 one. Perhaps this helps you
to debug the problem a bit more.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees  - Programmer at http://zestsoftware.nl/
http://vanrees.org/weblog/     mailto:reinout at vanrees.org
"White space, the opposite of black hole?" -- Joris slob