[Setup] "Install of local libz failed" with Plone 3 on OS X

Finlay Boo chris.brogan at begbies-traynor.com
Wed May 16 11:24:32 UTC 2007

Thanks for your reply. It was comforting to know that the problem was at
least in some sort of deficiency on my own machine rather than me doing
something wrong. The Readme file also lists some dependencies:

Dependencies
============
1) gcc
2) g++ (gcc-c++)
3) GNU make
4) GNU tar (must support -z and --bzip2 arguments)
5) posix-compliant /bin/sh

which you referenced. I have now resolved the problem by installing XCode
2.4.1 from the Apple Developer tools site (
http://developer.apple.com/tools/ ) which, once installed enabled
installation to work perfectly. (Joy unbound!)

I'm now looking forward to a couple of days of Plone fiddling and listening
to tunes. Hurrah!