[Setup] Re: "Install of local libz failed" with Plone 3 on OS X

Steve McMahon steve at reidmcmahon.com
Tue May 15 17:12:42 UTC 2007

Have you changed the "#!/bin/sh" or installed an alternate version of
the sh shell? It looks like your script is tripping up on some shell
test commands that work perfectly well with the /bin/sh that comes with
OS X 10.4.9 (at least with my copy of 10.4.9). I have seen this kind of
error on systems that have non-POSIX versions of /bin/sh (e.g.,
Solaris), but never with OS X.

Also, as another sign that something's going wrong, the install script
should not need to build zlib at all. I'm not sure if it's in the base
install, or if it's added by Xcode tools, but the various include and
lib parts of zlib are typically already installed on OS X.

Steve