[Setup] vocabulary_factory and migration to Plone 3 b3

Steve Rauch rauchs54 at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 14:27:58 UTC 2007

I have a site that actually started back before Plone 1.0. I just
helped migrate it to Plone 2.5.2 and wanted to see what happens in Plone
3. I moved the Data.fs to a unified installer setup of Plone 3 beta 3.

I got the site to show up and migrate, but my own content types do not
show up in Plone (they are in ZMI), and the folder icon fails to show up
in the navigation. As I have tried to clear and rebuild catalog, or even
take a known content item, append /edit, and then try to save, I keep
getting vocabulary_factory errors like this:

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 431, in
manage_catalogRebuild
   Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 421, in
clearFindAndRebuild
   Module OFS.FindSupport, line 260, in ZopeFindAndApply
   Module OFS.FindSupport, line 260, in ZopeFindAndApply
   Module OFS.FindSupport, line 248, in ZopeFindAndApply
   Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 414, in indexObject
   Module Products.Archetypes.CatalogMultiplex, line 35, in indexObject
   Module Products.CMFPlone.CatalogTool, line 378, in catalog_object
   Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 535, in catalog_object
   Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 360, in catalogObject
   Module Products.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex, line 187, in index_object
   Module Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 550, in SearchableText
   Module Products.Archetypes.Field, line 440, in Vocabulary
AttributeError: vocabulary_factory

I do use SimpleVocabularies, and set indexes in almost all content
types (I know this needs to move to catalog.xml).

Any hints on this particular problem. Also, would it just be better to
rewrite these Products along the lines of Martin's recent blog post on
borg.project..

Thank you - Steve