[Setup] VHM Configuration Problem

Jay van der Meer jvandermeer at dstsystems.com
Tue May 8 12:37:16 UTC 2007

On suse 10.2 we are using mod_proxy. Below is what I have to proxy the
main site. You could change /main and mysite, ports etc to what your
site needs.

        ProxyRequests Off
        ProxyPass /main
http://127.0.0.1:9080/VirtualHostBase/https/mysite:80/VirtualHostRoot/main
        ProxyPassReverse /main

LarrySands wrote:
> I 've been trying to setup a virtual host on my OpenSUSE Linux box (v10.2)
> with the Plone 2.5.2 openSUSE 10.2 bundle installed.  The installation is
> totally vanilla with no changes or modifications.  When trying to access my
> site I get the 403 Error - Access forbidden! - "You don't have permission to
> access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the
> directory is read-protected".  Following is the virtual host configuration:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>   ServerName  phoenix.boisestate.edu
>   ServerSignature On
>
>   <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
> http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/cobedev.boisestate.edu:80/cobedev/VirtualHostRoot/$1
> [L,P]
>   </IfModule>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Being a 'newbee' to Linux, Apache and Plone, I'm not sure what to do or
> where to check.  Can anyone help?

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the
information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the
sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.