[Setup] VHM Configuration Problem

LarrySands lsands at boisestate.edu
Mon May 7 21:58:49 UTC 2007

I 've been trying to setup a virtual host on my OpenSUSE Linux box (v10.2)
with the Plone 2.5.2 openSUSE 10.2 bundle installed.  The installation is
totally vanilla with no changes or modifications.  When trying to access my
site I get the 403 Error - Access forbidden! - "You don't have permission to
access the requested directory. There is either no index document or the
directory is read-protected".  Following is the virtual host configuration:

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName  phoenix.boisestate.edu
  ServerSignature On

  <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) \
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/cobedev.boisestate.edu:80/cobedev/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
  </IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Being a 'newbee' to Linux, Apache and Plone, I'm not sure what to do or
where to check.  Can anyone help?