[Setup] Re: LDAPMultiPlugin.py and ActiveDirectoryMultiPlugin.py

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Mar 26 13:00:25 UTC 2007

Moserr, on 2007-03-24:
> What is exactly the difference between the LDAPMultiPlugin.py and the
> ActiveDirectoryMultiPlugin.py in LDAPMultiPlugins tools?
> When I have to use one and when I have to user the other one?

The idea is that you should use an LDAPMultiPlugin when talking to a
real ldap server and an ActiveDirectoryMultiPlugin when talking to an
ActiveDirectory server from Microsoft.  Officially AD is also ldap,
but there are subtle differences of course. :-(

But for one of our customers that is using AD, we could not get the AD
multi plugin to work and are now happily using the ldap multi plugin.

Your mileage may vary.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/