[Setup] Towards a SimpleBlog 2.0 release

Nick Davis nd51 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Mar 23 12:10:15 UTC 2007

Hi all,
   The last stable release of SimpleBlog was 1.2.1 . I've tested and
found it fine against 2.5. It also worked with 2.1.x unchanged, although
originally released for 2.0.x. Some useful changes have been made in svn
since, that would be good to get out there.
   The author, Danny Bloemandaal, is extremely busy with other things,
but this is a good product that we ought to actively maintain. There'll
always be some people that need, rather than bells and whistles, a basic
blogging plugin with ease of maintenance, less migration headaches etc.
  I've managed to talk Danny into letting me have permissions so I can
upload releases even if he's too busy. We use blogs here so I can
justify some time on this.
  Danny has put a beta on plone.org.
  What I advocate is if people have time, please download either the
beta OR svn, then feedback issues and/or talk on the
plone.blogging.general newsgroup. When filing issues, please give all
platform info and the version of SimpleBlog (if svn, the repository
number), please be precise when describing problems, and also look to
make sure it doesn't duplicate an existing issue.
   In this way hopefully with a number of people making a tiny effort
each, we can have a 2.0 final of SimpleBlog soon, and also ensure in
future there'll be a SimpleBlog release compatible with Plone 3.0.

:-)
Cheers
Nick

--