[Setup] Newbie questions

Jay van der Meer jvandermeer at dstsystems.com
Thu Mar 22 12:34:40 UTC 2007

Not sure how you did your install but you need to define a user named
plone.  Then change the ownership of the directory tree /opt/Plone-2.5.2
to plone.

For the second problem I think you want to run
/opt/Plone-2.5.2/zeocluster/server/bin/zeoctl instead as it sets up the
path and pythonpath correctly before calling the actual zeoctl.py.

Andy Jacobs wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I just installed Plone on my FreeBSD server.  Everything appeared to go
> well.
>
> Upon completion I did this:
>
> /opt/Plone-2.5.2/zeocluster/bin/startcluster.sh
>
> And got this:
>
> Starting ZEO server...
> Error: username 'plone' not found
> For help, use /opt/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/ZEO/zeoctl.py -h
> Starting ZEO client1...
> . daemon process started, pid=52135
> Starting ZEO client2...
> . daemon process started, pid=52141
>
> I did this:
>
> /opt/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/ZEO/zeoctl.py -h
>

> And got this:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/Plone-2.5.2/lib/python/ZEO/zeoctl.py", line 20, in ?
>     import ZEO
> ImportError: No module named ZEO
>
> If I do a ps -aux I can't see the processes running at the pids that have
> been mentioned.
>
> I'm just about to go back through the docs but I thought I would post here
> to see if I was doing something obviously stupid.
>
> Regards

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the
individual or company to which it is addressed and may contain
information which is privileged, confidential and prohibited from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified
that any use, dissemination, or copying of this e-mail or the
information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited by the
sender.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
return the material received to the sender and delete all copies
from your system.