[Setup] "Sticky Bit" on Folder?

David Isaacson david at cse.ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 19 20:13:14 UTC 2007

Hi,
I am looking for a way to have a plone folder behave like it has a
sticky bit set on it.  Basically, I would like users to be able to add
items and delete their own items, but not touch anyone else's.  The
problem here is that Plone requires you to have "Delete objects"
permissions on the containing folder to delete an item.  I think turning
this "feature" off universally would be fine (wouldn't it?)

I thought about modifying CMFPlone directly (modifying
PloneFolder.manage_delObjects), but I can't figure out how to get zope
to notice my modifications.  And it would be cleaner if I could do this
outside of CMFPlone.

Any suggestions?

David