[Setup] Re: Plone within plone - SOLVED

Duncan Mortimer duncan at fmrib.ox.ac.uk
Fri Mar 16 13:21:36 UTC 2007

Hi,

Just thought I'd let you know that as always [ :-) ] I found the
solution just after sending this. The Rewrite rule should be...

RewriteRule ^/internal(/?.*) http://localhost:8182/VirtualHostBase/
http/www.mysite.com:80/internal/plone_sites/Internal/VirtualHostRoot/
_vh_internal/$1 [P,L]

Thanks anyway,

Duncan

On 16 Mar 2007, at 10:51, Duncan Mortimer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to set up a web presence that has two disparate Plone
> instances which appear under the same root url. The intention is to
> have a publicly available site at www.myserver.com and then a
> authenticated area (authentication provided by Apache) that is
> restricted access both by IP and/or password, available at
> www.myserver.com/internal.
> I currently have re-write rules as follows...
> RewriteRule ^/internal(/?.*) http://localhost:8182/VirtualHostBase/
> http/www.mysite.com:80/internal/plone_sites/Internal/
> VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P,L]
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8181/VirtualHostBase/http/
> www.mysite.com:80/plone_sites/Public/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [P,L]
>
> The external site works fine, and accessing /internal does give
> access to the 'Internal' Plone site, but none of the CSS gets
> loaded. Also, all links within this sub-site point back to the
> external site.
> Does anyone know if this can be achieved, or will I have to fall
> back to running the internal site of a completely different URL (ie
> wwwinternal.mysite.com)?
>
> Thanks
>
> Duncan
> --