[Setup] Intranet server setup howto - Serve pages internally from Linux t o MS netowork

Larry Pitcher unclelarry at columbiainet.com
Tue Mar 13 02:55:49 UTC 2007

Patrick Harris, CLSA wrote:

> Thanks a lot Bastien.
>
> Anybody got any further detail on how to serve it though?

Patrick,

Look at zope.org for most of these things. The example Apache configs
are there, with information about how to use the Virtual Host Monster.

You _do_ want to use Apache for its caching and rewriting, etc.

Using different domain names is something that needs to be coordinated
with your DNS administrator. You can do all kinds of tricks with that
one ;-)

HTH,

Larry Pitcher
Catapult Solutions