[Setup] Plone now a blank page

Chris Chambers chris at cpcengineeringdesign.com
Thu Mar 8 19:18:25 UTC 2007

It appears that port8090 that I started using with success is now not
available? I edited plone.conf again to set it to 8091 but that has made no
difference.

Errors given are:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone 2\Data\bin>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone
2\Python\p
ython.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone
2\Zope\lib\python\Zope2\Startup\run.py"
 -C "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone 2\Data\etc\zope.conf"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone
2\Zope\lib\python\Zope2\Startup\run.py", line 56, in ?   run()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone
2\Zope\lib\python\Zope2\Startup\run.py", line 21, in run   starter.prepare()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone
2\Zope\lib\python\Zope2\Startup\__init__.py", line 92, in prepare
self.setupServers()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plone
2\Zope\lib\python\Zope2\Startup\__init__.py", line 208, in setupServers
    raise ZConfig.ConfigurationError(socket_err
ZConfig.ConfigurationError: There was a problem starting a server of type
"HTTPS
erver". This may mean that your user does not have permission to bind to the
por
t which the server is trying to use or the port may already be in use by
another
 application. (Permission denied)

[I edited the lines for easier reading I might have put two true lines onto
one in error]

Alexander Limi wrote:

Try running Plone via the runzope.bat script on windows to see if it starts
correctly. Any errors would be displayed there.