[Setup] Re: Upgrade to Plone 2.5.2: No acces to folders named "plone"

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Mar 1 11:03:41 UTC 2007

Michael Zimmermann, on 2007-02-27:
> I do have one folder named "plone" in my plone instance. If I try to
> call this folder I do get the following error (?) message:
> 	<Products.Five.metaclass.Plone object at 0xb1db7e8c>
> Any subfolder of this folder is not acessible and gives an error 404.

Hm, I was going to say: there is now an @@plone view somewhere in
Plone that would be called when adding plone at the end of your url.

But this seems something else.  It is in Products/Five/metaclass.py,
which mentions at the top:

# metaclass taken from PEAK.
# Martijn doesn't pretend to understand this.

So that does not bode well. :)

Well, the plone view and this metaclass may be related.

I would think your best option is to simply rename that folder to
something else.  You probably need to do this from the folder_contents
view of its parent.

Would that work for you?

Does anyone know more about this?

--