[Setup] Re: help installing plone

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jun 27 11:17:15 UTC 2007

chelusan, on 2007-06-27:

> I´m learning about this program but it´s difficult to me to install plone and
> make a site, when i try this says me this error:
>
> Zope Error
> Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: EmergencyUserCannotOwn
> Error Value: Objects cannot be owned by the emergency user

You are logged in as an "emergency user".  This is a special kind of
user that you can use to get into Zope when something has gone wrong
and you cannot get into Zope with other users, for example when the
Zope acl_users folder has been deleted or otherwise damaged.

The emergency user is not allowed to do much else; at least he cannot
own objects, like the error says.

So: you need to login as a different user.  If you know no such users,
then as the emergency user you should go to the acl_users folder of
Zope (usually something like http://localhost:8080/acl_users) and add
a new user and give him the Manager role.

Also, I recently learned you can add users with the Managers role by
doing "bin/zopectl adduser" from your zope instance on the file
system.  Run that command and it will print some instructions.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/