[Setup] ZMySQLDA With SuSE Plone

ThisGuyIKnow spomerg at cwu.EDU
Fri Jun 22 22:25:55 UTC 2007

Hello!

I've been having fun learning Zope & Plone for a few weeks now. I have done
the SuSE specific Plone installation that Markus Tesmer put together which
installs it's own python, zope and plone. The python that is installed runs
separately from any python you have already installed. (like from a SuSE
package) My problem is that I can't get the ZMySQLDA to work; specifically,
it will not show up as an option to install on my Plone "Add/Remove
Products" page.

Quick rundown of my setup:
   SuSE 10.2
   Python 2.4.4
   Zope 2.9.7
   Plone 2.5.3 (SuSE version)
   MySQLdb 1.2.1
   ZMySQLDA 2.0.9

I used the SuSE packages python-mysql (MySQLdb) and zope-mysql (ZMySQLDA)
which don't install into the correct directories, so I copied all the
python-mysql files to /var/opt/zope/default/lib/python/MySQLdb and all the
ZMySQLDA files into /var/opt/zope/default/ZMySQLDA/, changed all ownerships
to zope:zope and restarted zope. This doesn't work. I also tried the
ZMySQLDA tarball from the Zope site. No dice.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! :)

Gavin Spomer
Systems Programmer
Brooks Library
Central Washington University