[Setup] User auth with PlonePAS+LDAPMP & local groups

Susheel Mannepalli susheel.mannepalli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 02:59:44 UTC 2007

My setup:
    *  Plone 3.0-beta3
    * CMF-2.1.0-beta-plone-3.0b2
    * Zope (Zope 2.10.3-final, python 2.4.4, win32)
    * Python 2.4.4 (#71, Oct 18 2006, 08:34:43) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
    * PIL 1.1.5
    * LDAPMultiPlugins 1.5
    * PlonePAS 3.0b7

Problem - 1:
My LDAP doesn't have groups so I have a need to manage Plone groups locally
and still have LDAP user authentication.

I configured my LDAPMP and I can search users on my LDAP dir...
Group Storage = Not stored on LDAP server

What should I do to use LDAP for user authentication only and still be able
to manage groups through Plone & ZMI, add LDAP users to local groups, and be
able to search for LDAP Users who belong to a group.

Problem - 2:
Although I can search for a user in my LDAP server via ZMI, I can't login to
Plone with LDAP user name. No error thrown.