[Setup] Re: View permission lost after migration to 2.5

Ed Eddington ed at internethut.com
Thu Jun 21 13:26:42 UTC 2007

This problem may be related to workflow. The _View_Permission that is
reset during migration appears to be set to the object's published
workflow state. However, in our case, we have a workflow script that
is supposed to run before/after the publish transition to preserve the
_View_Permission. Can anyone clarify what workflow related updates are
done during a migration (are objects "published", or "retracted and
republished", etc.)? It appears as if _View_Permission is simply being
reset to the permissions defined in the workflow state - WITHOUT
running the transition scripts.

--

I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo