[Setup] Plone 2.5.3 Windows Installer command line options

patrimith paddysmith at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 15:31:24 UTC 2007

patrimith wrote:

> /SILENT /LANG=default /DIR="C:\Program Files\Zope-2.8.6" /GROUP="Zope
> 2.8.6" /NOICONS /COMPONENTS=main
>
> Does anyone know the command line options that the Plone 2.5.3 Windows
> installer accepts?
>
> Does anyone know the tool that was used to build the 2.5.3 installer?

The tool used to build the Plone installer is Inno Setup. It can be found
at:

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

The above parameters still apply to the Zope installer and all but
/COMPONENTS apply to the Plone installer. More information on the above
command line parameters and more can be found in the Setup Command Line
Parameters secton of the Inno Setup tool's Help.

In order to get the clearest idea of what the installer is doing, you need
to examine the iss script contained therein. I used Universal Extractor 1.5
to get the iss script out of the Plone installer. It can be found at:

http://www.legroom.net/software/uniextract