[Setup] Re: Still can't get past email errors

Alexander Limi limi at plone.org
Thu Jun 7 02:51:49 UTC 2007

I seem to remember that there is a bug in the current SecureMailHost
implementation where it will always try the secure version, and only
attempt the non-encrypted communication if it can't any secure server. So
if it finds that the server says that it accepts encrypted logins, it will
never attempt the unencrypted version, even if the encrypted version fails
(as long as it exists).

My memory on this is very hazy, though — but might be something to look
into. :)

— Alexander

--
Alexander Limi · http://limi.net