[Setup] basic questions for minor upgrade (2.5.1 to 2.5.3)

bmoon bmoon at m1global.com
Fri Jun 1 12:46:43 UTC 2007

René Pijlman wrote:

> The recommended procedure is documented in:
> http://plone.org/documentation/manual/upgrade-guide
>
> I don't think this document says that.

Actually, my quote was from Step 3 "General Procedure" of the upgrade guide
you referenced.

René Pijlman wrote:

> You should prepare the upgrade in a test environment. Once it's all
> prepared, repeating the procedure in the production environment
> shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes downtime.

My "test environment" has been a Windows installation I had. It worked for
learning Plone, but I guess it's not a real test environment for upgrades.
I don't have immediate access to another Linux box, and the one I have isn't
completely under my control.  I guess I'll just have to do more prep work
before I can tackle the upgrade. <sigh>

Thanks for your help,
Bob