[Setup] Re: Initial admin's password not working

Ian Ball ian.a.ball at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:04:09 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have a similar problem - I have installed Plone 2.5, Zope 2.9 using the
Debian Etch "plone-site" package.  I imported my site from an older (Plone
2.1 / Zope 2.8) instance.  I can not login using the login screen in Plone.
I have to go to the ZMI, login there and then I have admin rights on my
site.

I have tried what is suggested in
http://plone.org/documentation/faq/locked-out.  Both methods complete
without error, but I still can not login.  I don't get any error when my
login fails, only that the username and password were incorrect.

Does anyone have suggestions?
Thanks in advance
--Ian

--