[Setup] Re: Migration from Plone 2.1.2. to Plone 2.5.3

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Fri Jun 1 10:55:07 UTC 2007

Zanotti Michele, on 2007-06-01:

I saw yesterday at a client where I was doing a migration from 2.1 to
2.5 that there is a step in the upgrade that replaces the acl_users
folder from Zope (so outside your Plone site) with a new one.  Before
or during that replacement the migration seems to go through *all*
objects in Zope (including but certainly not limited to your Plone
site) and checks or updates some settings for any content created by
or owned by a user in the top acl_users folder.  That failed for me as
well.  I solved it by removing some unneeded content outside of the
Plone site that was being migrated.

I think in your and my case the problem was that there was some
content made by a Product that was not available anymore.

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/