[Setup] Any modification to zope styles does nothing

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Fri Jun 1 06:07:15 UTC 2007

Hello All,

I am now banging my head against the wall. I have followed several tutorials
and have been at this for hours, but any modifications I do to any *.ccs.dtml
file does nothing. I even moved the plone_styles folder in skins to my home
directory and restarted the instance. Nothing. I just want to see something
happen, I don't care what. I'd be relieved to simply break my plone. If I
don't see a change, I can't experiment. Its now been about three or four
hours. I'm tempted to delete the entire Products directory just to see if I
can affect a change in the appearance of the site.

I'm running Plone-2.5.3 on OS X 10.4 behind the stock apache. If anyone cares,
the instance is at platinum.colorado.edu/Crystal. I'm running in debug mode.
I'm still experimenting, so keep that in mind if you navigate the site.

I'm very proficient in python, and fairly proficient in html and css, and have
read half a book on zope, so I have a reasonable feel for how it works. I'm
not breaking my plone. The problem is--nothing is happening. I know this is
the correct plone instance, because I have successfully installed a skin (its
listed in the Skins configuration page) and I have put no other instances of
plone on the computer. But I can't see any changes.

All I really want to do to change some colors and get rid of the calendar and
the recent changes element and, of course, change the logo. I'm not so
interested in the particulars of how to do any one of these, I'm more
concerned about the general problem of making changes to style sheets and
seeing the effects. I've followed the MySkin tutorial and do not want to face
further frustration with the DIY tutorial, because its essentially the same
as the MySkin.

Suggestions?

--
James Stroud