[Setup] Installing as non-root

Steve McMahon steve at dcn.org
Tue Jul 31 03:21:41 UTC 2007

The 3.0 Unified Installer offers this as an option. See
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/installing-plone-3-with-the-unified-installer/root-or-user-install
for a discussion of the merits and demerits of non-root installation.

If you're installing 2.5, you could take a look at the 3.0 Unified
Installer scripts for clues on adapting the procedure. You'll find it
much easier if your system already has the libjpeg and libz libraries.

JJMB wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Just wondering if I can a pointer to some existing documentation (I assume
> some are out there) on how to install plone as a non-root user?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Steve McMahon
Reid-McMahon, LLC