[Setup] Re: Left Navigation bar files accessible without login in first

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Mon Jul 30 20:40:10 UTC 2007

Lerato, on 2007-07-30:

> i have a problem with my files or documents under the navigation bar. anyone
> can access them without even logging in first, how can i stop that.
>
> i want each and every folder or file accessible by first logging in first.

Log in as a Manager, go to those files and folders and change the
workflow state to private.  That should make them invisible to anyone
else and certainly for anonymous users.

Alternatively, in the Zope Management interface of your plone site
(add /manage_main to the url of your site), you can try setting this
to your liking also for all future content by changing some settings
in portal_workflow or possibly on the Permissions tab.  But that is
easy to mess up, unless you know what you are doing.  In fact, even
then it is easy to mess up. ;-)

--
Maurits van Rees | http://maurits.vanrees.org/ [NL]
            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/